I consistently end up with overripe bananas and run out of ideas on what to do with them. Banana Bread and Banana Pancakes/Waffles can only be eaten so often. I have a new favorite use for overripe bananas.
I found this recipe using Tastespotting, my absolute favorite recipe site.
I whipped up a batch this morning in no time and threw it in the ice cream maker. In less than hour I had the creamiest, most delicious homemade ice cream I have ever made.
You must run, not walk, to the kitchen. Immediately. And make a batch. You will thank me.
Peanut Butter Coconut Milk Ice Cream (recipe from Destiny’s Kitchen)
(my changes in red)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 15-oz. can coconut milk
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 6 tablespoons agave nectar (I used regular sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- pinch salt
1. Blend everything until smooth.
2. Pour into ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s directions.
3. Eat right out of ice cream maker with a large wooden spoon. Seriously, that’s what I did.
4. Make another batch when you eat it all for 2nd breakfast.